WELCOME

**PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG AT**

Friday, October 21, 2011

FREE CROCHET PATTERN - Star Stitch Scarf

CROCHET STAR STITCH SCARF
created and designed by Janet Marie Marston-McGregor
posted on October 21, 2011


STS = star-stitch; pull up 6 on hook, pull thru, ch1 (see Crochet By Teresa's tutorial on how to make the stitch - there are more tutorials out there on this cool stitch - but I like Teresa's the best)

I used a standard Red Heart multi-colored yarn for this scarf
(If you want looser stars, use a larger hook)

With size K Hook, CH24 (use multiples of 6 for the desired width)

ROW 1 = make 7 STS ; HDC in last; CH2 turn

ROW 2 = 2 HDC in center CH of STS across (should be 7 sets of HDC); HDC in last; CH3 turn;

REPEAT ROW 1, then ROW 2 till desired length

for TRIM - I used a light blue that was almost lavendar, did SC all around, twice, then added FRINGE

Please do not sell this pattern - you may use it (and sell what you make), share it, and link back to this site. Enjoy!





model is my son's friend, Monica

10 comments:

  1. I just found your site today and now have about 6 inches done on my star-stitch scarf! Your video is excellent, thanks so much for sharing the pattern ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is very pretty. And the colors are great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodmorning, using Teresa's Tutorial I've got 11 star stitches on 24 chains, where do I make mistake? Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/starry-eyes-scarf

      I found this pattern that I found a little easier to understand, with the same stitch. I have now made two scarves and am now working on a hat, that (so far) is working up beautifully.

      Delete
  4. I have 10 stars on a CH24, and am not sure where the difference is. Adapted accordingly, but am curious how they come out different, using the tutorial video posted as a guide.

    Either way, love the pattern and am about 18" in on my scarf (which my son has claimed for himself). Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog! http://www.learnhowtoknitascarf.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too had more stars with 24 chains. I tried 18 chains and ended up with the required 7 stars and it looks great. I used a variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me what exactly which color red heart yarn you used ... I love this

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog